Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cleanse Finale Update

Well we did it!  Cleanse is officially over! 
My progress? Well I lost about 6 pounds and 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips.  I can tell a difference in how my jeans fit for sure.  While I know (I am convinced this is water weight) and realize how quickly it can return, I do plan on sticking to a healthier eating schedule.  This was my goal and purpose to jump start from the get go.  I think the cleanse helped a little bit, but honestly with eating fruits, veggies and lean meats only, and all of the fiber that provides, I think the eating healthy contributed to a majority of my success.  
No matter what (I believe in everything in moderation, but I plan on continuing to keep fruits and even more veggies in my daily eating plan).  And of course, water... water... water.  
I didn't have a chance to exercise much at all this week while on the cleanse.  I think I would have had even greater success if I had been able to work out.  
A majority of weight loss/toning (in my opinion) is finding the formula that works for you.  A lot of it has to do with metabolism and how your body breaks down what you eat.  I know I do better (when losing weight) if I up my cardio and cut carbs.  A friend of mine is opposite, she ups cardio and carbs and elimates (can't remember if it is calories or fat grams) to see success.  
Overall, I am happy with the cleanse and happy I participated in it in a group setting.  Definitely a lot  more fun that way!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I'm so glad you were successful! My husband will be home tonight to take my measurements and I'm interested to see how many inches I lost. And I agree, I think 90% of weight loss is diet, and eating so healthy and drinking so much water for the past 10 days is definitely what did it for me. And I love the support of being in the group setting, too. :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete