Monday, June 10, 2013

AdvoCare 10 Day Cleanse

Surfing through blogs one day I came across this particular post and thought... why not!
I have never actually done a cleanse and don't really think the idea of liquid only is very good for you.  When I found out you still eat with this one, and eat healthy, I was in!
I ordered the cleanse here
I, like many of the other girls, started the cleanse today.  So far going good!  Although not far into it at all, I will say giving up my iced coffees has been a challenge.  I needed to eliminate those (or at the very least cut back) anyway.  I didn't purchase the Spark drink that is available so it's just water for this girl.  I am (obviously) more tired than normal but that is to be expected.
I ate pretty healthy leading up to today when I started the cleanse.  It will be interesting to see the results within these 10 days after a diet of fresh fruits, veggies and protein. 
I still plan on working out this week (I hurt my knee last week) so it has been hard to get back at it.  Definitely making some time for the treadmill though.
So far, I have drank water, had the fiber drink included in the pack and ate some fresh raspberries and a couple hard boiled egg (whites only).  I must say I am happy that I am not starving.  Looking forward to my mid morning snack of fruit (I love fruit and it everyday anyway). 
I have a salad for lunch and plan on some steamed veggies for dinner.   For other snacks throughout the day I have dry roasted edamame and almonds.  The purpose of this, for me, is to adapt to a better, healthier meal plan going into summer.  Along with that, lose some weight, tone up, etc.  (I didn't buy a one piece swimsuit this year JUST because it was cute, haha)

4 comments:

  1. I like the fact, it let's you eat! Keep up the great work!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done a few different cleanses and this seems like by far the healthiest one. I started this morning, too, and so far I'm not hungry at all... but I must say I'm kind of getting sick of peeing since we have to drink so much water! LOL

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Thanks Kim! :)
    ~Sarah~haha yeah, I guess I am adjusted to peeing all the time from being pregnant so recently. So far so good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the bandwagon with you! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete