Thursday, October 4, 2012

~Hello October~


Yay!  October is finally here!  While it is still 80 degrees outside, :( I gladly welcome any hint of a chilly morning or evening.  
I started off the month (ok well it was technically the last days of September) with a trip to Atlanta to visit my brother, do a little apple picking and shopping.  
We went to Red Apple Barn in Ellijay, GA 
Although it rained earlier that  morning, the leaves were just starting to turn shades of gold and orange.  I love the drive headed towards the mountains, so peaceful and serene.  
Once we arrived at Red Apple Barn, we took a short tractor ride up to the apple orchard.  The trees were separated in rows and they had Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Jonagold, Fuji, and Red Delicious.  We ended up going with a bushel and I now have enough apples for a month! :)
It was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to visit an orchard. glad you got a bushel and had fun! that's the spirit of the season :) enjoy!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy October! I haven't had a chance to take part in any fall festivities yet since I was at the beach September weekends and now I'm sick and in bed this weekend. Hopefully next weekend I can see some foliage :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so interesting...we don't have many orchards here, but i'd love to be able to visit one and hand pick fruit!

    [oomph.]
    Enter to Win a Complete Anti-Aging System

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I went to an orchard farm this past weekend. I love fall festivites :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete