Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Manolo Blahnik and the Tale of the Elves & the Shoemaker

Every year, on Christmas Eve night, my two best girlfriends, (and now extending to husbands and boyfriends) get together for some Holiday cheer and to exchange presents.  I want to share one of my gifts~
I am not sure how I didn't hear about this series, but certainly thankful my best friend had the watchful eye on this one :) What's not to love about the story of a shoe designer turned fairytale.  I LOVE fairytales! 
Below is an excerpt about the author. 
And PS~it's rumored Diane von Furstenberg is next! :)
Camilla Morton, is a veteran fashion journalist with a best selling novel, How to Walk in High Heels, under her belt. But after years of writing countless show reviews, this fashion journo is now penning…fairy tales. “I am enchanted by how clothes make you feel, and the people behind it,” Morton said. “Because sometimes the magic and the art of creation gets forgotten in the rush to find the next big thing.” So Morton set about crafting fashion fairy tales, blending the lives of fashion icons with classic fairy tales. The icons supply the illustrations, of course (see an illustration by Manolo Blahnik, above left).
The first in her fashion fairytale memoir series blended Christian Lacroix‘s life story with the tale of Sleeping Beauty. Out this month is Manolo Blahnik and the Tale of the Elves on the Shoemaker. We talked to Camilla about what it was like to work with Manolo to write his fairy tale. Plus we’ve got a peak at some of Manolo’s gorgeous illustrations.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds fabulous! I hadn't heard of it either. Defintiely going to check it out :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering my giveaway...it's not too late!!
    Happy New Year!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! Hope you have a wonderful New Year dear! xx

    ReplyDelete