Monday, December 26, 2011

Birchbox-December

So, I decided to give Birchbox a try.  I am a beauty product junkie and love getting samples.  After seeing others post about Birchbox and seeing the samples they received, I figured it was a pretty safe bet to go ahead and sign up for the year.  (I am ok with taking chances) :)  I thought if nothing else, they are samples sizes-and I can use up a sample size. 
December was the first month I received Birchbox (I also LOVE receiving mail). 
This is what I received:


Benefit - The Porefessional

Camouflages visible pores with this velvety translucent face primer. (7.5mL/ 0.25 US fl. oz)
What I thought: This product did minimize pores, and felt a bit lighter on my skin than other foundation primers but created the same effect. I am a foundation girl, but this with just a tinted moisturizer (which I may switch to) worked just fine.


Jouer - Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink
A Birchbox inspired semi-sheer fuchsia lip gloss for a hot pink pout. (Net Wt. 0.06 fl. oz.)

What I thought: I am not crazy about bright lip colors at the moment but this was non-sticky and fine with one application. Definitely sheer enough to not be so bright.


Harvey Prince - Ageless

What I thought: This scent was light and fresh. I have already used most of the sample. Wouldn't necessarily purchase a whole bottle, but I have enjoyed wearing this scent the last couple weeks.
 

Orofluido - Beauty Elixir (3.4 fl oz)
Vanilla Amber Scent
What I thought: I really like this product. I use it on my hair, which makes it incredibly soft. It has a nice, light scent and is not incredibly greasy on my hands after applying.


ShowStoppers - Designer Fashion Tape

Double-sided tape strips, which ensures your party dress stays perfectly in place-1 packetWhat I thought: I haven't had a need for fashion tape before but I am glad it was included so that now I have it in a "just in case" occasion.


EBoost - Orange Natural Energy Booster
Tangy citrus energy booster (1 packet)

What I thought: The tangy orange flavor wasn't bad. After drinking, didn't have a noticeable energy boost but nice change from regular water didn't hurt :)


Overall, I was impressed with Birchbox. The samples were ample sizes that will take me several weeks to use all of the product. I find that great since you have more than one try to see if you truly like a product and know if it is working for you.




1 comment: