Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October~Nashville

I had the pleasure of spending the first weekend of October in Nashville, TN!  The weather was chilly but perfect for a first October weekend! 
I was there for an NFL game~although cheering on the Broncos at a home game for the Titans, haha but the Broncos won! 
Saturday we walked around smaller Nashville neighborhoods like Hillsboro.  So cute! 
Hit a couple of used book stores (I have a lot of reading to do now) and ate at a couple great restaurants.
We had breakfast at the Pancake Pantry-HAD to see what all the fuss was about considering the line was literally wrapped halfway around the block!  We got there pretty early that morning and only had to wait 20 minutes.  We lucked out and were seated ahead of others because we only had 2 in our party! :)
I went with the Sweet Potatoe Pancakes.  I forgot to take a picture of the high stack before I started eating so, sorry! haha They were super yummy though and instead of syrup had a sweet cinnamon cream sauce.  Soooo good!  Definitely a Nashville tradition!


Then it was off to LP Field, which I am happy to see had recovered from the flood damage.  The stadium was nice and open-I liked the fact that I actually had to wear a jacket!
                                     
The team and cheerleaders all wore something pink in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness month! :)
One of my favorite parts of the trip is the drive through the Smokies.  The weather was beautiful and so was the sky.  It might be kind of hard to tell from these pics taken with my phone but the trees, the thick walls of rock that line the highway is sometimes all too surreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment